Burlington Coat Factory Return / Refund / Exchange Policies
The In-store and online return policies are different. Shipping is not refunded.
“Online Return Policy
- You may return online purchases within 30 days of receipt of your order for any reason.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Many of our vendor-fulfilled items (special orders) will need to be returned to the specified vendor.
- We will refund your credit card for the purchase amount less shipping and handling within 14 business days of receipt of your return. You are responsible for all return shipping charges.
- Merchandise returned must be in new condition and in its original packaging. Merchandise is not returnable if it has been assembled.
- Due to health and sanitary reasons, swimsuits, breast pumps, and breast pump accessories are not returnable under any conditions.
- Fabric sold by the yard is not returnable.
- Some merchandise returns are subject to a restocking fee. This is stated on the individual product pages.
Returning an Item by Mail
- To make a return by mail you need a Return ID number. To get a Return ID number, please Contact Us. If you’re returning a gift, you will also need to include the order number and the purchaser’s name.
We strongly recommend using UPS or other traceable shipping methods. When returning items by mail, we are not responsible for packages lost or delayed in return shipping.
Returning an Item to a Store
- If you would like to return an online purchase to a store, please Contact Us to receive a Return ID number.
- You will need to present your Return ID number and packing slip at the time of the return.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable
- Many of our vendor-fulfilled items (special orders) can not be accepted at our store locations.
- Customers returning an item to a store can make an exchange for any merchandise in the store or can be issued a store credit. Store credit will be issued for the current selling price of the item. Cash or Credit Card refunds are not available in stores.
In-store Return Policy
- An original receipt dated within 30 days is required for all returns/exchanges
- Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment
- Debit cards using a pin will receive cash
- Returns from a check purchase will be sent a mail check within 7 days.
- Merchandise returned from a completed layaway and receipted returns accepted after 30 days will receive a gift card
- Merchandise must be in new, unused condition
- Non-receipted returns, accompanied by a photo ID (driver’s license, state-issued non-driver ID, passport, or military ID) and returns after 60 days will receive a gift card for the lowest selling price
- All returns are subject to system verification and/or approval
*This policy applies only to purchases made in one of our store locations.” – Burlington Coat Factory web site
Refund / Exchange
Original Packaging Required
Probability of Success