Bed Bath & Beyond Return / Refund / Exchange Policies
The policy is okay except for when non-gift items are purchased on the original gift card. This will be problematic when the gift card is no longer in possession (e.g. discarded with $0 balance). Customer Service can usually be persuaded to refund the balance to a new gift card.
Merchandise returns get you down? Not at Bed Bath & Beyond; we make it free and easy! You may return a purchase for a refund, merchandise credit, or exchange to any of our stores nationwide or to our returns processing center. We do the hard part for you: we send you a pre-paid shipping label with every order. Just follow the simple instructions below and be sure to read our guidelines to make your return hassle-free.
No Packing Invoice or Pre-paid Shipping Label?
If you do not have the original invoice enclosed with your order or gift from Bed Bath & Beyond, or if you don’t have the pre-paid shipping label, please call 1-800-GO BEYOND® (1-800-462-3966) for assistance. Our associates will be happy to help you.
Refunds and Credits
We’ll refund or credit the value of the item and any taxes you were charged. Shipping and gift packaging charges are nonrefundable. To receive a refund, the original packing invoice should accompany your return.
Non-Gift Returns of Merchandise paid by Gift Card
All non-gift returns of merchandise paid via gift cards will be refunded to the original gift card.
Returns to Our Processing Center
Return postage labels are included with every purchase from our online store in the event you need to return an item. Please follow the steps below to complete your return:
- Please circle the item you wish to return on the bottom copy of your original packing invoice form.
- Choose a reason for return from the back of the invoice and enter its number next to your circled item.
- Provide a telephone number in case we have questions.
- Detach the top copy of the invoice form and keep it for your records. Enclose the bottom copy with the items you are returning.
- Pack your return securely and attach the pre-paid return label found in your original carton.
- To return your package you may take the package to a UPS customer counter, give the package to any UPS driver making a regular pickup or delivery, drop off at a UPS authorized shipping outlet that accepts Authorized Returns Service packages (i.e. UPS Store, Staples, Office Depot, Pak Mail, Postal Annex+, PostNet, or AIM Mail Centers) or call 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877) for the nearest Authorized Return Service drop-off location.
- Should you have any questions or comments, please feel free to call us at 1-800-GO BEYOND® (1-800-462-3966), and a customer service representative will be pleased to assist you.
You may also mail returns via the US Postal Service to the address below. We recommend that you insure the package prior to shipment. Enclosing your original packing invoice will help us expedite your return.
Bed Bath & Beyond
Returns Processing / Door 39
1001 West Middlesex Avenue
Port Reading, New Jersey 07064
Returns for Items Shipped Directly From Vendor
It’s easy to return items to our processing center! To ensure we credit you properly, please include your packing slip and complete the information including your telephone number so we may call you with any questions. Pack your return securely and visit www.bedbathandbeyond.com/returns to print your free return shipping label. Please print a return label for each box sent. Returns will be credited back to your original credit card. Gift returns to our processing center will receive a refund check.
Returns to Our Stores
We gladly accept returns or exchanges at any of our store locations nationwide. Please remember to bring the original packing invoice and the credit card used for purchase. Without the original packing invoice and your credit card, you may receive an exchange or merchandise credit. Purchases using a Gift Card will be refunded as a merchandise credit. To find the location nearest you, please click here or call 1-800-GO BEYOND® (1-800-462-3966).
For gifts sent back to our returns processing center, we will issue a merchandise credit which can be used in any of our stores nationwide, or we can issue a check refund to the gift recipient. To receive a check refund, the recipient’s address must match the original shipping address listed on the gift’s packing invoice. Please provide the original packing slip included with the shipment so we may expedite this process. If you do not have the original packing invoice, please call us at 1-800-GO BEYOND® (1-800-462-3966) for assistance in returning Bed Bath & Beyond gifts you have received.
Our associates at 1-800-GO BEYOND® (1-800-462-3966) will be happy to assist you with exchanges or replacements for Bed Bath & Beyond items purchased through our online store or received as gifts. For exchanges of mis-sent orders or damaged or defective merchandise, we will credit you for the returned item upon receipt and send you your replacement with no additional shipping charges.
” – Bed Bath & Beyond web site
No, but preferred
Refund / Exchange
Refund or exchange at customer’s option
Original Packaging Required
Probability of Success