Fry's Return / Refund / Exchange Policies
This policy is tricky due to the number of special cases (rebate involved, large TV, memory purchase, etc.). It’s best to consult the detailed policy statement in order to determine the appropriate policy details.
Online orders cannot be returned to retail stores.
“30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Your satisfaction is our success! We strive to provide our customers with the highest level of service possible. From first visit to order delivery, we want you to be completely satisfied with your experience. All products carry a 30 day satisfaction guarantee beginning from the day product is shipped from our warehouse, unless otherwise noted.
Our friendly and knowledgeable sales staff is available to help you find the product that best fits your needs.
You can shop with confidence at Frys.com as every product we ship is covered by a manufacturer's warranty, unless otherwise noted.
Certain conditions and/or limitations apply:
- Software, Games, & DVD's
- Apple, Compaq, Hewlett Packard, Intel, Mitsubishi, Sony and Toshiba products
- Televisions(24"or larger)
- Refurbished & Reconditioned Items
A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER (RA#) must be obtained from our customer service staff and is required for ALL returns. Currently we are unable to accept returns in Fry's Electronics retail stores. Merchandise must be returned within 15 days of the issuance of the Return Authorization # at which time the Return Authorization # expires. Return Authorization #'s are non-renewable. Return shipping charges are the sole responsibility of the customer.
Frys.com reserves the right to return any merchandise without a valid RA# to the customer.
*See Manufacturer Return Policy Restrictions
All returned merchandise must be in the original packaging with the UPC or bar code intact, and all components, manuals and registration card(s) included. Products using accessories such as toner, ink cartridges, media, batteries, film, etc. must be returned with the factory-sealed accessory. Product that is returned incomplete, or damaged, -- if accepted -- will require a deduction. This deduction is final.
30-day money back guarantee does not apply to special orders.
Software, Games, & DVDs
Computer software, video games, video gaming systems, audio CDs, VHS videos, and DVD videos are returnable only if unopened. Defective items will be exchanged for the exact same item only.
MANUFACTURER RETURN POLICY RESTRICTIONS
If you have merchandise that is malfunctioning or seems to be defective, we will do our best to help you obtain technical support from the manufacturer or make arrangements to repair the product. In many cases, the manufacturer can diagnose and resolve concerns over the phone. For more information, please call us at 1-408-350-1484 to allow us to assist you with these manufacturers, or you may call them directly.
Due to manufacturers' policies, Frys.com cannot accept returns or exchanges of certain products manufactured by the companies listed in the table below. These manufacturers deal directly with issues regarding their products and will repair or replace these products in accordance with their own policies. Contact information is also provided for each of these manufacturers.
Please have the following information readily available before contacting the manufacturer or Frys.com: date of purchase, Model and serial number of the defective product.
Manufacturer Applicable Products Manufacturer Contacts
Apple All Products Tech Support 1-800-APLCARE (1-800-275-2273)
Service Locator 1-800-538-9696
Compaq All Products 1-800-HPINVENT (1-800-474-6836)
Hewlett Packard Computers, Monitors, PDAs, Printers 1-800-HPINVENT (1-800-474-6836)
Intel Components Tech Support
or call 1-916-377-7000
Mitsubishi All Products 1-800-632-4662
Sony Computers, Monitors 1-888-4SONYPC
Toshiba All Products Voice Support & Information--Toll Free Technical Support: (800) 457-7777
For expedited service, have warranty registration # available when calling. This allows Toshiba to direct you to the proper product specialist.
Televisions (24" or larger)
Refunds cannot be given on televisions 24" and larger. In-home service is offered by the manufacturer on large TV's and may be your most convenient option. Defective items may be returned within 30 days of the purchase date for replacement or upgrade. Please insure sufficient packaging is used to protect any return shipments. Customer is responsible for any damage caused due to insufficient packaging.
Refurbished & Reconditioned Items
Reconditioned / refurbished products carry the same 30 day satisfaction guarantee. These products may been previously sold and returned, reconditioned by an Authorized Service Dealer and repackaged for selling purposes. Frys.com cannot guarantee that these products come with all the original accessories and software.
Frys.com Extended Holiday Returns Privileges
Gift Purchases made from November 24th & December 24th qualify for our extended return privileges*. Orders shipped by December 23rd must receive a Return Authorization Number by January 24st to qualify for return. *Certain items are excluded from the Extended Holiday Returns. Any item listed in our Manufacturer restricted list, software, games, DVD's that are open, and Televisions larger than 32" do not qualify for extended Holiday Return Privileges. Please call our Customer Service team for full details.
Frys.com Return Procedure
To return a product, please follow the steps outlined below.
Obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#) within 30 days of the original ship date by calling 1-408-350-1484 or INTL: 1-408-350-1484
Please provide the following information when requesting a Return Authorization #: Original order number (located on packing slip), name of product being returned, reason for return, your name, daytime telephone number and e-mail address.
Verify that all merchandise is in the original packaging with the UPC or bar code intact, and that all components, manuals, cables, and accessories are included.
For your protection, use a "traceable" ground shipping method.
Please use the merchandise-return label, located on the back of your packing slip or address the package to:
4000 Air Park Cove
Memphis, TN 38118
Return the merchandise within 15 days of issuance of the RA#. Print the Return Authorization # clearly on the outside of the package. PACKAGES WITHOUT A Return Authorization # WILL BE RETURNED TO THE SENDER.
***We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Our fulfillment center has been relocated. In the event that your merchandise return-label includes our previous address located in Wilmington, OH, please use the label provided below:
For further assistance or to have the label sent to your personal e-mail address please give us a call at 1-408-350-1484.
Credit will be issued after our warehouse receives, inspects, and processes your return; however, your credit card company determines when the issued credit will be reflected in your statement.
In order to receive a replacement for returned merchandise, you must place a new order. Frys.com must receive payment for all merchandise prior to shipping any replacements. We will ship your replacement in the same manner as your original order. A temporary duplicate charge will be placed on your credit card until the returned merchandise has been received and processed by our warehouse. To make a replacement order, please call at +1-408-350-1484.
Frys.com in Store Pick up
Frys.com in Store Pick up purchases are subject to the Fry's Electronics Retail Store Policy.
Retail Store Holiday Gift Return Policy Extension
Gift purchases made from November 24th through December 24th qualify for an extended return policy. For items with a 15-day return policy, the last day for return is January 8th. For items with a 30-day return policy, the last day for return is January 24th.
Fry's Electronics Retail Store Return/Exchange Privileges
1. For a refund or exchange, most products may be returned within 30 days of original purchase date. Some other products, such as notebooks, netbooks, tablets and iPads, desktop computers, monitors, MP3 players and iPods, memory, microprocessors, motherboards, internal/external hard drives, network-attached storage, CD and DVD recorders, camcorders, cameras, projectors, postpaid wireless devices (monthly contract), and air conditioners (IF UNUSED) may be returned within 15 days of original purchase date. See store management for specific information.
2. Original receipt must accompany any product to be returned / exchanged.
3. Product must be in original box with original accessories, packaging, manuals, and registration card in undamaged, clean, and brand- new condition.
4. Products returned within policy with the UPC Code missing from the box may only be accepted back as an exchange for the exact same item, less the rebate amount.
5. Product that is returned incomplete, damaged, or has been used -- if accepted -- will require a deduction. This deduction is final. Subsequent return of missing items will not reverse the deduction.
6. Product returned with serial number missing or tampered with will NOT BE ACCEPTED BACK FOR RETURN.
7. If the product returned has any data or information stored on a memory or storage device, Frya's shall not be responsible for the transfer of such data or information to another product given to the customer as an exchange, or for the loss of any data or information or to maintain the confidentiality of any data or information still residing on the returned product.
8. Computer software, video games, audio CDs, and DVD videos are returnable only if unopened.
9. Defective computer software, video games, audio CDs, DVD videos, and pre-recorded videos will be exchanged for the exact same item only.
10. Unless defective, a 15% restocking fee will be charged for all returned opened GPS/Navigation units, network-attached storage, projectors, cameras, camcorders, notebooks, netbooks, tablets and iPads, desktops, monitors, MP3 players and iPods, and Apple TVs. 11. Physical damage to motherboards or remote control aircraft being returned voids any return / exchange privileges.
12. If accepted for return, used air conditioners will require a deduction and only a gift certificate will be issued; no refunds. Defective air conditioners will be exchanged for exact same item.
13. Product using accessories such as laser toner or ink cartridge toner, media, batteries, film, etc. must be returned with the accessory in factory-sealed condition or will require a deduction for a replacement.
14. Prepaid wireless phones containing airtime are returnable ONLY if unopened. If defective, the item will be exchanged for the exact same item only.
15. Prepaid airtime cards and prepaid music cards are non-returnable.
16. Postpaid wireless devices (monthly contract) have a 15-day Fry's return policy. Any exchanges or returns beyond 15 days must be fulfilled directly through the wireless carrier.
17. Unless defective, a 15% restocking fee will be charged for all returned opened unlocked wireless phones.
18. Replacement lamps for projectors/televisions are not returnable if the filament shows wear or the bulb is broken.
19. Refunds will be issued as follows: (1) Check purchases by check (2) Credit card purchases by credit issued to the credit card used in the original purchase transaction (3) Debit card purchases by credit issued to the debit card used in the original purchase transaction (4) Cash purchases by cash, unless the refund is over $500, which will then be refunded by a check mailed from Fry'™s Home Office.
20. Refund checks are mailed the 10th day from the date merchandise is returned.
21. Service, delivery, and installation charges are non-refundable once performed.
22. Special order items and cut cable/wire are non-returnable.” – Fry’s web site
Yes, discretionary if return is missing items
Refund / Exchange
Refund or exchange at customer’s option (some items exchange only)
Original Packaging Required
Probability of Success